Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Throne of fire Thoughts 2

Zia Rashid. The girl  that Carter loves. At least that is what I think is in a pool  of emotions right now. The reason I say this is because she just woke up from a very deep sleep and she kept on having these dreams about her village being destroyed. I think these dreams were caused by Apophis who is the major villain in the story. When she wakes up she is very confused about where she is and what is happening. It is very hard to explain but I am doing my best right now. So she is conflicted about choosing Carter and Sadie's side or Desjardin who is Chief Lector. The reason this important is because before Zia entered her deep sleep Desjardin on her mentor's side. That can make it confusing. It basically is like you siding with your boyfriend or your uncle. That is a hard choice.

I can relate to this myself. I know the feeling of being completely clueless and not knowing what to do. I know my example is not as dramatic or important as the one in the book but I still think it is a pretty good example. It is basically like when you are absent from school for a long period of time and when you come back you have no idea what is going on. When this happens I feel like I have entered a whole new world where I am a complete stranger. This is not a world that you would enjoy being in and you know it.

Now about the dream that she kept on having, I personally think that it was a nightmare. Imagine seeing your home destroyed over and over again. Just a repeated image of your family being killed over and over again. That is not just a prison. That is the prison of emotionally pain and physical pain. That is horrible in my opinion . If I were Zia I would have had a hard time recuperating from that. I don't how she came out of it like that.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment